Brown is the color which is generally used in home decoration, if it is coloring your home furniture such as bed, sofas, tables and cane chairs etc, generally brown color is used. However, people also prefer to use brown paint for the doors and windows as well. Basically, there are primarily three colors, which are yellow, blue and red. If you mix any of these two colors the result will secondary color such as green, orange and violet. Like if you mix yellow color with Blue you will get green color and if Red color is mixed with yellow color you will get orange color. Now, What Colors Make Brown Paint, this can also be addressed by the help of theory of colors or color wheels. The color wheel is basically a device which features every color which is created by mixing six secondary colors which will result in tertiary colors. Without any doubt, color wheel is regarded as a great tool which helps in understanding the relationships of color.
So What Colors Make Brown Paint?
What Colors Make Brown Paint
- Brown is the color which consists of all three primary colors; hence various brown shades can be created while mixing red, blue and yellow.
- Other way for What Colors Make Brown Paint is to mix the color with their balancing color such as, green with red. As green is the secondary color which contains yellow and blue, so, all the primary colors are available here. Other two balancing combination of color combinations which will create brown pain are blue which can be mixed with orange or else purple which can be mixed with yellow.
What Colors Make Dark Brown
Color theory generally depends on light, not only on the pigments which are ordinarily available in the paint. Hence making the brown paint through mixing vibrant colors which are above described will not be quite pleasing. However, results can be muddy and dull. More accepted is the paint which has sienna, umber or ochre, in their names.
What Colors Make Brown Paint
- To trial with the brown shade, you may start with white paint either oil paint or artist’s acrylics.
- For the shade that resembles with pine, just half of the complete amount which is mixed would be the white paint. Then, add other third raw sienna, and then smaller quantity of yellow ochre and raw umber. Even Burnt sienna may even be added.
- For getting the oak shade, white paint will become about sixth of a mix. You may add about one-third of yellow ochre, and one-third of burnt umber and also the raw umber just like white paint.
- Mahogany shade is bit redder, so you can add small quantity of alizarin crimson and of red ochre while reducing the yellow ochre. However, even raw umber and burnt sienna can even be added.
What Colors Mixed Make Brown
It is rightly said that there is absolutely no need to restrict the experiments with the brown colors to only umbers, sienna and ochre. Blues and various other colors will also lend their character for the concluding result. All the points mentioned above have clarified what Colors Make Brown