One of the most common complaints from homeowners regarding their property is basically being short of bathrooms. If the bathrooms are lacking then it may also lead to frustration and even fights among the members of the family and can also lead to people getting late to work or school, and also leaving home in a bad mood. If you are looking to enhance the value and worth of your house before planning to sell it you definitely need to cut down on the the arguments and fights for bathroom. One solution is you may add a bathroom in the basement of your house. Now, the question comes, How to plumb a basement bathroom.
How to plumb a basement bathroom
To your astonishment, the process of plumbing basement bathroom is astonishingly easy and simple, even for those people who do not have any prior experience of plumbing. Additionally, adding the bathroom in your basement truly does not require any major kind of remodeling, and it also saves a good amount of money for the reason that new plumbing may also be connected with the existing system.
Below mentioned are the steps which will help you in installing the basement bathroom.
- The initial step which will resolve your query of How to plumb a basement bathroom is to select the location of basement bathroom very carefully. If it is possible, then you must plan to make it directly beneath other bathroom of your home hence this will be close to the sewer lines. It will also save your money, for the reason that you will require to purchase less material. This will even prevents from future problems of correct elevation.
how to install a toilet in a basement
- Second step is to prepare the layout of room. Make a Sketch of floor plan on plain paper to work out with logistics, and then you may snap the chalk lines on the floor which indicate where you will build the walls.
- Build the walls with help of metal studs and wood and drywall. Also Use the drywall which is moisture-proof for accommodating the moisture which is associated in bathrooms and also the general dampness of the basement.
- Buy the plumbing fixtures, such as sink, bathtub or shower and toilet. Be specific to select the fixtures which will fit in the space available.
bathroom plumbing rough in
- Select the upflush toilet or the system of sewage ejector if the bathroom will be far below the sewage pipe level. It is the one way to get the wastewater out from basement.
- Install the fixtures and then run the associated piping.
- You may also hire the plumber for the final connections so that you do not end up with the false pipe connection and flooded basement. This will be quite quick as well as inexpensive to hire the plumber for concluding connections.
- Lay the tiles on floor, paint the walls and then apply various desired finishes. Also add the towel stand and other decorative accessory to offer your bathroom very cozy and the practical style.
Apply these above steps and you will get an answer to your question How to plumb a basement bathroom.